Training Course on Radiation Protection Dosimetry and Accreditation of IMS: Secrets & SolutionsAll information
The course will be held at The Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST), at Campus Tecnológico e Nuclear, Bobadela, close to Lisbon in Portugal.
EURADOS WG2 will be holding the 6th training course based on the European Commission's report - Technical Recommendations for
Monitoring Individuals Occupationally Exposed to External Radiation (Radiation Protection 160, RP160).
The course will cover all aspects of individual monitoring as discussed in RP160 with an emphasis on metrology, quality assurance and type testing. Recent developments in RP will also be covered, including the new ICRU dose quantities...
The training program will contain some practical work for which a laptop will be useful (but not essential) and group discussion to and provide an interactive learning experience.The course will be held at The Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST), at Campus Tecnológico e Nuclear,
Bobadela, close to Lisbon in Portugal.
- General radiation protection
- Basic detection principles
- Measurement methods
- Dosimetric quantities
- Uncertainty evaluation
- Calibration and type-testing
- Quality assurance, quality control
- Dose registration
- QA audits
- Deadline for Registration: 9th September 2022
- Deadline for Payment: 16th September 2022
- Training course: Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October 2022
- European Radiation Protection Week: Monday 9th to Friday 14th October 202
Oliver Hupe, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Germany
Francesco Rossi, AOU Careggi, Italy
Nicky Gibbens, UKHSA, United Kingdom
João Garcia Alves, IST, Portugal
At the end of the course a certificate of attendance will be presented on behalf of EURADOS e.V.
Regular fee: 600 euro1)
Reduced fee: 500 euro2)
The registration fee will cover lunches, coffee breaks, a social dinner and a city tour on Wednesday morning.
1) The fee is exclusive VAT. 7% VAT will be added for invoices to participants from Germany and from EU member states who cannot provide us with their VAT-ID number.
2) Reduced fee for participants from the EURADOS sponsoring institutions. For the official and updated list of sponsors see the EURADOS website or contact office [at] eurados [dot] org.
For more information and registration, please visit the training course website!