Grant: rules and requirements
EURADOS has established rules and requirements for the selection of young scientists to receive a Grant that will be offered annually during the EURADOS General Assembly. Its objective is to support the exchange of young scientists between Voting Members.
The research carried out within EURADOS working groups will be the frame of the Grant to be assigned every year. Priority will be given to proposals directly linked with activities mentioned in the EURADOS strategic Research Agenda (SRA).
The EURADOS Grant
The grant will consist of up to 4000 €. It is expected that the final outcome of the research work supported by the Grant will result in a peer reviewed publication and/or a presentation in international conference or workshop.
The candidate should be not older than 35 years and should show his/her excellence in research on dosimetry of ionising radiation.
The research should have been carried out within the workplan of a EURADOS WG.
The research shall be in line with the EURADOS SRA.
The research shall be performed mainly within European Countries.
Criteria and rules for selection
A Selection Committee (SC) consisting of members of the EURADOS Council will be in charge of the assessment of proposals and the preliminary selection of the Young Scientist Grant among the candidates according with criteria for selection. The SC will recommend the recipients of the EURADOS Grant to the Council which takes the final decision. Generally, one Grant will be attributed each year.
The following criteria will be used in the assessment:
CV of the candidate
Relevant publications submitted to or published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
For the scientific work: (1) scientific excellence, the research shall be original and innovative, (2) a multi-disciplinary approach is preferred and (3) research to be performed in a frame of collaboration between several institutes will be appreciated as added value.
- Announcement of the Call for Proposals in the EURADOS Newsletter druing summer each year.
- Deadline for the reception of proposals for the Young Scientist Grant in October in general.
- Assessment of the proposals and preliminary selection of candidates by the SC in October.
- Final decision of the recipients of the award will be decided by the Council by vote.
- Announcement of the final decision of the awards through the EURADOS Newsletter in December after the acceptance of the recipients of the award.
- This time schedule may be adjusted by the SC if needed.
The candidates will send their application form to the EURADOS Office by e-mail (office [at] eurados [dot] org) before the deadline. The application will be written in English (maximum 10 pages) and should include:
- a short description of the research project or proposal and the link to the EURADOS SRA and to the activities of EURADOS WGs, including the work plan;
- a short explanation fo the benefit expected from the stay at the other Voting Member;
- a short CV of the candidate of maximum 2 pages;
- a list of scientific publications and presentations;
- a letter of support of the scientific supervisor and the WG Chair.
The EURADOS Office will check the application, provide the candidates with a receipt. The SC may ask for supplementary information if needed.
The recipients will be informed after selection by e-mail. His/her presence is expected at the EURADOS Annual Meeting to present a short report at the General Assembly. The costs for the participation will be covered by EURADOS.